Author Topic: The Ragnartal1ty is back in the game!  (Read 7685 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
The Ragnartal1ty is back in the game!
« on: May 31, 2005, 11:07:34 AM »
I've decided to give the game a spin again, despite having found - through the games played the last couple of days - that the game has in no way envolved over the last five months time, which is around when I pushed the game aside totally for City of Heroes; people - except for a very few - still don't know how to use the one-handed weapons and rush to the nearest two-handed weapon as soon as they spawn, people still cry about using runes on a runes enabled server, lack of honor (which is still a trait of the weak) and about being dominated.

Oh, well... so if you see me out there, feel free to hurl some abuse in my general direction.

This decision may or may not influence my prior decision about halting the development of this site; only time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:09:43 AM by Ragnartal1ty »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
Re: The Ragnartal1ty is back in the game!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:24:36 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the servers, to play on in the game, are nowadays?

Servers where people are not just incompetent "two-handed weapon only" wielding players (like far the majority of the players in the game still seem to be (I guess asking for a little evolvement would be too much)), who calls you 'noob' when you dominate them (repeatedly), and retards running around in sark/zombie skins (making you cross your fingers and say a prayer every other second, hoping that the server won't crash).

Servers where there are no runes around on the maps to be used, as that seems to get people worked up a lot (which puzzles me a lot; why play on a runes enabled server if you can't take people using them. Heh)... oh, yeah - and where the gamespeed isn't crappy 110%. Weaponstay would be nice. And please let there be no pussy "no chat-, spawn-, pickup-, whateverkills" and the like rules.

Any chance of a such server still around?

Would greatly appreciate it.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Nømad

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 10:31:31 PM »
The server you're asking for doesn't exist.  ::)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:33:56 PM »
Heh, yeah, I figured it would be too much to ask for.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 01:09:08 PM »
Wow, didn't take long for me to become utterly disgusted with the players in the game, and their lack of competence and balls (filthy cowards, that's what they are - unless of course they have reached and picked up their favorite two-handed 'no brainer' weapon) again.

I miss the good old days so badly... back when people generally knew how to play. Using all the weapons at their disposal, instead of the same weapon (or heaven forbid, two weapons) map after map after ma... no, wait... a map without it on... uhh, what do we do?! Ah, yeah... find the next biggest thing! after map after map after map, in infinity, throughout the whole duration of the round.

:#

spin2win

Offline Hawkeye

• Se ya in Hell
    • RuneLibrary
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 11:04:22 PM »
The only thing i ask for, is a server to play in whit no fakkers i realy hate that, why is so fun to fake your name? ( i realy don't get that )
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 11:07:31 PM by Hawkeye »

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 01:05:16 PM »
The only thing i ask for, is a server to play in whit no fakkers i realy hate that, why is so fun to fake your name? ( i realy don't get that )
Reasons I've heard so far (some more retarded than others);

• it gives you "privacy";
    • other players don't know it's you, so when you don't want to chat, you fake, so they don't chat to you (apparently it's quite difficult for some people to just ignore what's said to you and just play - hell, it's pure rocket science!).
    • you can be a fuckstick tool without people knowing it's you and having it reflect on the reputation of your horde and your own oh so important reputation.
    • you can play the game without sporting the tag of the horde you're affiliated with... which you're apparently also ashamed of being just that with (this one's mine, so thus not retarded... bwhah!).
  • it gives you a "safety net";
    • if you're having a bad game, people won't know it's actually just you having a bad day, so if they had recognized your real nick and seen your awful scores, your online ego would immediately become scarred (for life even, LIEK OMGWTFBBQ I SI NO LONGR GODLIEK!!11!!).
    • if you're having a good game, on the other hand, you can just unfake at the end of the round and harvest the results of your "OMG GODLIEK SKILLZ". This is of course something, say, former Zaphirs_Tundrawolf would never do *cough*.

There's probably a lot more.

spin2win

Offline Assassin

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 06:13:11 AM »
Or it could be that sometimes when we play with out real names idiots with nothing better to do crashes every server we enter.

Offline Nømad

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 12:00:16 AM »
  • you can be a fuckstick tool without people knowing it's you and having it reflect on the reputation of your horde and your own oh so important reputation.

Oh yeah. 8)

Offline Hawkeye

• Se ya in Hell
    • RuneLibrary
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 10:18:26 PM »
emmme hmmm it is only a game soo who cares if you win or lose, if it whas the real deal the you would have been dead. :o

Offline Zisu

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 08:46:24 AM »
Try out the .nl [ League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ] server. It's the same as all the rest, except that it's public and has noobs in it that actually use the whole variation of weaponry. I still think that the only (standard) map that can handle player load from 4 to 12 is thorstadt. Bothvar is just full of camping b-axe/b-hammer and hildir the same with w-hammer/w-sword. And the server has the ignore function that I made for you :)

Barbarian_Druid (no CW inquiries, please)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:51 PM »
Hot damn! I'll have to reconsider ROON again :D.

spin2win

Offline Hawkeye

• Se ya in Hell
    • RuneLibrary
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 05:13:54 PM »
ehhe yea it is a real good server you have it's nice to see you got one up again  ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 05:20:05 PM by Hawkeye »

Offline Zisu

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 06:34:41 AM »
Seems like my mod has taken wind, you can now ignore in at least zaphirs server too

Offline Hawkeye

• Se ya in Hell
    • RuneLibrary
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 12:30:12 PM »
Seems like my mod has taken wind, you can now ignore in at least zaphirs server too

ignore ???? who,what,where ?