Author Topic: Base functionality in the RUNE HORDES system!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Base functionality in the RUNE HORDES system!
« on: June 04, 2005, 04:46:50 PM »
While at work today, I got a couple of ideas to expand the currect functionality in the system with, so here's what the rehashed version of the RUNE HORDES system is going to allow hordes to display of information about the horde, its members and servers (sorted alphabetically):
Horde
About-miscellaneous information about the horde, eg. the horde's background history.
Activity-is the horde currently active or inactive in the community?
Dates-the date on which the horde was created - and in case of the horde being inactive, an (approximate) date of when this activity happened.
IRC-if the horde has its own IRC channel, the name of said channel and the network it's found on.
Name-the name of the horde, in plain text, with no added text effects.
Nationality-the actual nationality of the leaders of the horde or of the majority of the members.
Recruitment-is the horde (actively) searching for new members, allowing new members into the horde, or is no such thing to find place?
Tag-the tag of the horde, plain and simply.
URLs-the URLs of the horde's website and/or forum - as well as to their 468x60 sized banner image.
Versions-the version(s) of RUNE the horde is playing; 1.00/1.02, 1.06/1.07 and/or HoV.
Members
Activity-is the member currently active, inactive or no longer present in the horde?
Contact-the usernames of the AIM, ICQ, MSN, Xfire, YIM protocols a member is using.
Dates-the date on which the member joined the horde - and in case of the member being inactive or no longer part of the horde, an (approximate) date of when this activity happened.
Name-the name of the member, in plain text, with no added text effects (such as tags).
Nationality-the actual nationality of the member.
Status-how high in the horde's hierarchy is the member to be found; leadership, leadership trustee, normal or trial membership.
Servers
IP-the IP address (and port number if it differs from the standard) on which the server is to be found.
MOTD-the Message of the Day, or other relevant server information.
Name-the name of the server (displayed if the server is down).
Password-the password required to join in case of a password protected server.
Type-NEW is it a dedicated or non-dedicated server (for when a server is down)?
Uptime-NEW how often is the server up? 24/7 or just occasionally (for when a server is down)?

Any comments and/or suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:47:57 AM by Ragnartal1ty »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Base functionality in the RUNE HORDES system!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 09:19:44 PM »
Ehh, I might just scratch those two last ones off the list again... not sure I thought thoroughly enough about their purpose; the 'Type' couldn't really matter less if the server's down, and if it's up the current server query code contains information about that already... and 'Uptime' - again, I'm not really sure how much it'd matter if the server's down. Maybe as a sort of "oh, the server's down... but when could I expect to see it up?" kind of thing? Hmm... and using that analogy I guess 'Type' could be used as a sort of "ah, the server's down, but would it worth actually joining it if I looked out for when it's up and running? Not too keen on joining <server type> servers!" kind of thing.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win