Author Topic: Rune Notice Board  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Good_Looking

Rune Notice Board
« on: October 07, 2005, 12:34:20 AM »
Ok 2 Things I think are important:

1) Not everyone can see the new update to the "News" Tab, I spoke to a few guys bout the tournie, and they said never heard of it?! Tol dem to look at News tab and all they got is info on version 8.

So thought should let you guys know, i didnt ask them what version of rune they had or anything cse the map changed and they were too easy to beat! :)

2) Would Clans be allowed to post something each week in the News, area? Like New Servers, or a recruiting contact ect... Just something to show each week, or day, that aLL parts of Rune are still alive? I'm trying to get newbies on board so having every part of rune active would be nice, would an area on the info website be possible to make?

Obviously with ALL clans asking it would be too much, but adding maybe 5 Clans message a day, might and limit them to like 60 words!
It would just be a cut and paste job for you guys , no? Just an idea!

ALSO I know the 2005 tournie is comin up, If a Clan wants to hold a mini tournie OR a Headball/Torch Tounrie Would You guys put up an add for us?

Thanks!

Good_Looking ( ABLW)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:28:33 PM by Ragnartal1ty »

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Rune Notice Board
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 06:51:32 AM »
I'll... err... have to get back to you on this one. About to go to work, and just so you don't think I've overlooked or ignored it (having posted in the other thread, posted before this one).
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »
Ok, let's see now...

[...]
1) Not everyone can see the new update to the "News" Tab, I spoke to a few guys bout the tournie, and they said never heard of it?! Tol dem to look at News tab and all they got is info on version 8.

So thought should let you guys know, i didnt ask them what version of rune they had or anything cse the map changed and they were too easy to beat! :)
[...]

Hmm, sounds odd. If they're using version 1.08, they ought to be able to see the newest version of the MOTD in the News tab. I'm not sure how the News tab works (how the HTML page is loaded into the frame), so I don't know if it could be a caching issue. The project site for the update is down at the moment, and it's been some time since I've seen Zisu online (I know he's the one, who worked on the hack to retrieve the page from this domain - instead of the Human Head Studios domain).

[...]
2) Would Clans be allowed to post something each week in the News, area? Like New Servers, or a recruiting contact ect... Just something to show each week, or day, that aLL parts of Rune are still alive? I'm trying to get newbies on board so having every part of rune active would be nice, would an area on the info website be possible to make?

Obviously with ALL clans asking it would be too much, but adding maybe 5 Clans message a day, might and limit them to like 60 words!
It would just be a cut and paste job for you guys , no? Just an idea!
[...]

The idea is not bad, and in the end it wouldn't even have to be a 'cut and paste' job either (could easily be done automatically via this forum and some external code). The messages would of course have to be approved on a case to case basis - as a guard against the tools in the community.

[...]
ALSO I know the 2005 tournie is comin up, If a Clan wants to hold a mini tournie OR a Headball/Torch Tounrie Would You guys put up an add for us?
[...]

Well, there's always the newly created RUNE Message Of The Day Updates board ;).
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Good_Looking

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 03:28:00 AM »
Lol! LOVE how you answered my questions but not quite! ;)

I've spoken to LOADS of people in Rune and half of them dont know about the tournie, yet alot of them are actually in Active clans ( checked their forums to make sure they not lyin:))

The only place your gonna be sure that everyone knows about Tournie, events and just general Rune stuff, is on the News Tab.

There's a list of clans in the Rune Hordes, have they ALL been emailed or a post put on there forums to know about the tournie?

One thing I would like to know, is that if the News Tab is in HTML, why is it so.......boring? There must be SO much you can do with that space and it just sits there with its blocky writting, which by the way is probably why peeps not heard about tounrie! Is because the same writting has been used again, and peeps prob think its not been changed. To be honest I wasnt sure until i REALLY looked at it. I know you've filled all the spaces for the tournie but it seems that its the all the "well known" Clans taking part!
I was mailed saying Rune needed more info was needed on the Acoma cause "no one" had heard of us! Which leads me to belive New clans are rare if not unheard of. Shouldnt we WANT Clans coming up who peeps have never heard of? Obviously checkin them out to make sure its not a hox, of course, but i just kinda get the feeling that the regulars and "old timers" are a little set in there ways.  Not that I am complaining, but if they could at least offer some help when new clans appear that would be cool!

I think change is like rest, its good for you, and I plan to REALLY shake Rune up! :)

Oh and if you REALLY want new ideas ect... let me know, got loads! (Am a pschye student got LOADSA time! )

Avril

p.s

Nearly finished Rune site and forum1 :)

p.s.s

Still not got solution to my server issue! HELP PLEASE!

http://www.runegame.com/vbf/showthread.php?p=319129#post319129

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 10:03:50 AM »
Lol! LOVE how you answered my questions but not quite! ;) [...]

Excuse me?!

[...] I've spoken to LOADS of people in Rune and half of them dont know about the tournie, yet alot of them are actually in Active clans ( checked their forums to make sure they not lyin:))

The only place your gonna be sure that everyone knows about Tournie, events and just general Rune stuff, is on the News Tab.

There's a list of clans in the Rune Hordes, have they ALL been emailed or a post put on there forums to know about the tournie? [...]

How is it my responsibility to e-mail the leaders of the hordes in the game or post on their forums about the RCL? If you'd be so kind to take a look at the list of league admins on the RCL site (listed under 'Contact'), you'll see my name is not mentioned. I have nothing to do with the RCL. Nothing.

I added a notice about the RCL on the page the News tab displays as a courtesy, and because that's what the News tab should be used for... noticing players about current events and the like.

[...] One thing I would like to know, is that if the News Tab is in HTML, why is it so.......boring? There must be SO much you can do with that space and it just sits there with its blocky writting, which by the way is probably why peeps not heard about tounrie! Is because the same writting has been used again, and peeps prob think its not been changed. To be honest I wasnt sure until i REALLY looked at it. I know you've filled all the spaces for the tournie but it seems that its the all the "well known" Clans taking part! [...]

Trust me, if more could be done with the News tab than is already done, I would have done it. Only the very, very basic HTML is supported.

And once again, I have nothing to do with the RCL.

spin2win

Offline Good_Looking

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 02:09:47 PM »
lool! you seem to have took that personally! I was simply voicing questions and opinions, I did not mean to infer that You were to personally do it all! lol! I Just assumed Runehordes.info ment information on Rune and such like ! And that others would also answer my questions! 

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 02:59:43 PM »
lool! you seem to have took that personally! I was simply voicing questions and opinions, I did not mean to infer that You were to personally do it all! lol! I Just assumed Runehordes.info ment information on Rune and such like ! And that others would also answer my questions! 

I take it personally when I perceive it as being a question and/or comment directed towards myself.

RUNEHORDES.info does mean information on RUNE... the hordes (including their members and servers) in RUNE, that is (at least that's how it is at this point in time). However, the question about whether all hordes had been personally notificed would have been much more suitably and logically asked on the RCL forums, as it would be their responsibility after all to carry out such actions.

As for others answering... well, aside from myself, these forums are pretty deserted... so sadly it's not likely to happen.

Lol! LOVE how you answered my questions but not quite! ;) [...]

I'm still curious about what exactly you meant with that comment.

spin2win

Offline Good_Looking

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 04:17:57 PM »
lol as a Newbie my apologies! These things are unknown to me and if I put my foot in my mouth by asking a question beyond your ability to answer my apologies! lol, am thinking a simple "not my decision" would have done but point taken! :)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 04:27:08 PM »
I'm not following you.

spin2win

Offline GharhX

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 07:54:20 PM »
well the problem is they are too lazy to update to 1.08 so they cant view it?  ::)

sorry if this was written, but i am too lazy to read it all.. but i got the 1.08 patch  >:D

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »
Only 1.08 clients can access the new News page from within the game, yeah. I believe other versions are still linking to the old page on the Human Head Studios site, which was changed back when the 1.06/1.07 patch was released or something. Mighty old and outdated.

spin2win

Offline GharhX

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 01:59:38 PM »
i love u  ;)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 03:21:19 PM »
I don't love you.

spin2win

Offline Nømad

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 06:38:01 PM »
Yes you do. You just don't know it yet.