Author Topic: My little idea  (Read 1791 times)

Offline POKRISHKA

My little idea
« on: April 06, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »
Here's my idea. How about making something like territory for each team. Like they have 5 territory units and when they fight a war they fight for exactly unit so they can lose like 4 matches but then won 2 and now they have 3 territory units. Hope you understood what I mean, I don't think it's a good explaination.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: My little idea
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »
Sounds somewhat like another idea, which briefly stuck my mind some time ago as well, which was to start out like the current RHdIT idea, where the hordes involved claim ownership of an area (a map), and then instead of the forced battles a la the Single or Double Elimination schemes, the hordes themselves could choose which other horde(s) to go for - as many times and as often as they'd like - until the horde(s) would be eliminated (lost ownership of all maps).

It would be a somewhat more permanent form of "tournament" with no duration (except for that time it would take for a given horde to gain ownership of all maps in the "tournament").

Could be interesting to see in action as well... and also if it'd work in the long run (I doubt it would).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:41:30 PM by Ragnartal1ty{HSN} »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:40:51 PM »
When horde loses all it's lands it gets out of tournament for a month or two for example and then gets some start lands count to try again. How about that? But there are hordes that are damn great and some not much good. There must be something that won't let a great horde to attack a weaker one again and again till it's death.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 07:57:34 PM »
"Safety mechanisms" would of course have to be put in place to avoid just that situation as to not cause [too much] grief.

One such "safety mechanism" could be not having a horde leave the "tournament" altogether in case it lost all it's territory, but instead make use of the "wilderness" maps; have the given horde travel around the game world nomad-style. While in this situation, the horde would not be targettable for fights by other hordes, but they would be free to target hordes with territory for fights over a given piece of territory.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:01:13 PM by Ragnartal1ty{HSN} »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »
Ok, that's cool. I wanted to discuss the question about signed players. Is it really so important to play with signed players? You know, sometimes all can happen and making ability to switch players would be good. Like only 2-3 switches per month or something like that if you don't want making it free for all members of horde to play a match.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
I'll be frank and admit, that I can't remember my exact reasons for restricting allowed players to fight in a match to those signed up along with the horde in this RHdIT, but I'll be damned if it didn't have something to do with exploitation of some sort.

I did try to think of a player replacement limitation system, but couldn't think of a good way of going about it, so I chose the easy way out.

Of course, if the tournament was to be run over a much longer period of time, like the "free to target whoever" territorial scheme would be done, the battles should probably be open to a horde's complete roster and not just a select few.

spin2win

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 07:26:38 AM »
Why I'm asking about it is that I want to sign up my Rune Federation but can't pick 3 members that would be able to play for sure. And I'm afraid that someone would take the map I want to set for <RF> :)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »
With the current sign up rate, I wouldn't exactly say time is working against you :P.

Anyhow, I guess a solution could be increasing the number of required members to sign up to five members and keeping the actual battles at three members. This would allow for some rotation within the signed up team in case one or more would be unavailable for a battle over a certain period of time.

I'll give this some thought throughout the day.

spin2win

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »
Yeah, thats a good idea