Author Topic: Problems with the ClanAccount...  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Algeroth

Problems with the ClanAccount...
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:04:36 AM »
It seems that I can't login to the PBB clan administration site, so I can't change any information. I am using the right password, but as I hit the loginbutton, nothing happens... Is there something wrong with the database or just the account or? Would be grateful for a fast reply. Thanks in advance.
Algeroth

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Problems with the ClanAccount...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:37:20 AM »
It seems that I can't login to the PBB clan administration site, so I can't change any information. I am using the right password, but as I hit the loginbutton, nothing happens... Is there something wrong with the database or just the account or? Would be grateful for a fast reply. Thanks in advance.
Algeroth
This is the reason.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Algeroth

Re: Request horde password here!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »
Hi.
There is something wrong with our clanAccount. We have the password, but when we have typed it, nothing happens. just returns to the loginsite. Perhaps the password is broken or something, anywhooo... could you perhaps look into it. We have some new members that we need to add.

Other then that Cattiz is breathing down my neck, and I disslike having an angry girl screaming at me to fix it everytime I play  :P
Thanks in advance.
-Algeroth

Offline Algeroth

Re: Problems with the ClanAccount...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »
Missed this reply and posted on another section of the page... sorry about that.
I don't really understand the log, so perhaps you could tell me what is going on :)
Thanks.
-Algeroth

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Problems with the ClanAccount...
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 02:52:47 PM »
Split and merged your previous post into this topic.

What happens in the log is... as follows:

[...]
6th May 2006 12:22:20 PM
MEMBER(3516): Public_Enemy changed name to ..
MEMBER(3516): . changed nationality to Not specified.
[...]
Whoever is updating the horde information attempts to invalidate the system by changing a member entry into a dummy entry.

[...]
6th May 2006 02:14:32 PM
MEMBER(3516): . changed name to Public_Enemy.
MEMBER(3516): Public_Enemy changed nationality to Poland.
[...]
I rectify this misbehavior, as it's in my (and potentially the users of the system's) best interest not to have the system littered with invalid dummy entries (don't worry... this was not the first, nor do I imagine the last, time someone's done this. It just keeps getting more and more annoying)

[...]
6th May 2006 11:34:15 PM
MEMBER(3516): Public_Enemy changed name to ..
MEMBER(3516): . changed nationality to Not specified.
[...]
The horde administrator insists on "dummifying" the member entry...

[...]
7th May 2006 03:33:32 PM
MEMBER(3516): . changed name to Public_Enemy.
MEMBER(3516): Public_Enemy changed nationality to Poland.
[...]
...and I insists on keeping the information held within the system valid and actual. To fully enforce this, after making the above change, I reset the password to a random "smacking hands on keyboard" password.

Whoever is responsible for making the changes on behalf of the horde should read AND understand the "zero tolerance" policy.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win