Poll

Has tournaments and leagues become a waste of time in the game?

Yes, it has!
No, it has not!

Author Topic: Organized hordewars - still viable in the game?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Organized hordewars - still viable in the game?
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:30:51 AM »
Looking at the status of the tournaments and leagues planned and attempted run so far this year, it's difficult not to become disheartened with the reliability of the hordes (or players as a whole) in the community and the "competitive future" of the game:

Low-Cal HackFest 2006
1on1 and 2on2 duels - Low Caliber style!
Cancelled due to lack of interest from the participants.

RUNE HORDES dot INFO Tournament 2006
Pillaging! Elimination! Conquest!
Cancelled due to lack of interest from the community.

RUNE Clan League 2006
Organized hordewars in RUNE 1.01.
Cancelled due to lack of interest from the participants.

RUNE World Cup 2006
Organized hordewars between nationalities in RUNE:HoV.
Slowed down to a standstill - for the second time.
Cancellation of the event wouldn't come as a surprise.

RUNE Clan League Masters I
Organized hordewars between the "best of the best" in RUNE:HoV.
Slowed down to a standstill with several matches behind schedule.
Cancellation of the event wouldn't come as a surprise.

ItloS 2 Tournament
Organized hordewars in RUNE:HoV.
Upcoming tournament - capable of keeping the signed up hordes sufficiently interested to play it through?
Odds say it will meet the same fate as the events listed above.

Sigurd Axe Challenge 2006
Organized duelling in RUNE 1.01 using solely the Sigurd Axe.
Upcoming tournament - capable of keeping the signed up hordes sufficiently interested to play it through?
Odds say it will meet the same fate as the events listed above.

Does organized hordewars still have viability in the game?
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
Re: Organized hordewars - still viable in the game?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 05:50:17 PM »
To "kick off the ball", it is my opinion, that it has indeed become a waste of time and effort to organize and attempt to run tournaments and leagues in this game. The community (primarily referring to the hordes) seemingly just isn't up for it anymore in the long (or short) run, as proved by the list of events posted above.

Having said that, I wish Bohne all the best of luck with the ItloS tournament and likewise to Falcone with the SAC. You're going to need it!
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:45:48 AM »
I have to admit I'm pretty damn surprised; the RUNE Clan League Masters I was actually played through - despite display of carelessness from certain supposedly respected hordes in the community, so big kudos to those hordes that kept at it to the end! On that note, congratulations to Cannibal Corpse with the victory - and also to Ensanguined for showing reliability.

Also, the ItloS 2 Tournament is keeping well up with the schedule so far while the Sigurd Axe Challenge 2006 never gained the same momentum. At least no matches are discussed on the forums, much like the RUNE World Cup 2006 is still frozen in time. Cancelled or not? Who knows?

spin2win

Offline Gaiscedach-feYLaMIa

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 09:44:16 AM »
Precise ur question mate.

"At least no matches are discussed on the forums, much like the RUNE World Cup 2006 is still frozen in time. Cancelled or not? Who knows?"

Regardin' the Itlos?

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »
My bad... that part was regarding the Sigurd Axe Challenge. I don't pay much attention to the ItloS 2 forum as the site is well maintained and updated with scores :).

spin2win

Offline Gaiscedach-feYLaMIa

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 12:52:03 PM »
Aye, well the Itlos's still going on despite some probs with a bunch of clans that closed durin' the tournament.
Hopefully this tournament won't freeze in process. I'll do my best to lead it to its end, no doubt 'bout that.

Seems to be very hard to organize and manage tourneys nowadays.
This exhaustin' discussion 'bout cheating including blamin' each other (etc.) is one big reason for this phenomenon, i think.
Moreover - as u've already state - many respected clans aren't reliable anymore - this includes the slow creepin' death of Rune imho.

The old respected clans were always a kind of paragon on which "lower clans" orientated themselves
- trieing to achieve their level, their reputation and their skill.
Tournaments were the chance to mess up with older clans and earnin' reputation

We - Gaiscedach - always tried to be an example for "lower clans" - trieing to animate 'em to invest their time in rune to get better, attending
tourneys and so on ... but it looks like we'll be soon alone.
-> Sacred closed. Barbs, Rage and !U are already gone and i've no idea 'bout the longevity of WTN.
Not many respected clans left - less are active in that way they should.

-.-
cLaNs cOMe aNd gO Gaiscedach'lL sTaY iN dA sHoW ;-)

feY (sry for my bad english)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 01:43:45 PM by Gaiscedach-feYLaMIa »