Author Topic: Take Off Text On Screen  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Slash

Take Off Text On Screen
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:16:33 PM »
I have nowhere else better to post for information on this so here it goes. I need to take off everything on the Rune screen, and of course you can take everything off with the 'HUD Opacity' option, everything BUT the text. I heard you can edit something in some file in Rune\System to stop text/death messages to show up, but I cant figure it out. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :) Incase you are wondering why I need this, it's for recording Rune at fullscreen, and to get rid of the chance of having someone spam like an idiot while recording.  :P

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Take Off Text On Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:42:04 AM »
Well, you can edit the system messages in \System\RuneI.int, but there's no way to remove the chat messages from players - without messing around in \System\UWindow.u (I think), but that would most likely cause version mismatches to appear.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Carnivore

• • Banned
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »
But when u look at Barbarian_Cultist's movies or Falcones ,u'll see there r no player messages. :-\\

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »
I'd imagine the video capturing area left out those areas, resulting in a cropped image.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Nømad

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:30:08 PM »
There's a command to remove the event-messages while playing a demorec. Can't recall it right now, but I'll probably have found it again by tomorrow.

Edit : The commands are;
demoplay name?timebased?3rdperson
cheatplease
cheatview skin