Author Topic: Just when you thought the state of the game...  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Just when you thought the state of the game...
« on: February 18, 2007, 12:39:18 PM »
...couldn't get any worse, after about a year, you come back to an even bigger pile of stinking shit.

People unable to do anything unless it's by jumping. I bet the people even think they're Odin's gift to the community when their epeen meter goes through the roof.

People accepting and embracing exploitation of the engine, willingly spreading the information about how to do it (picking up a weapon and picking up a second copy for the inventory).

I don't know why I keep trying to get into the game... every time I do, it has sunken deeper and deeper into a disgusting mess of idiocy and incompetence.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Gorm

Re: Just when you thought the state of the game...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »
well sadly rune has become more and more dirty. alot of players have started to abuse the engine..
thats true. but hang around the servers that has RRA infront of them, atleast at thouse servers the cheats have been limited to the half. hopefully the update will follow soon...

Offline Mr.Wood

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »
Take it easy Soren, even though you might have right in your opinion about the jumping its much of the same in every other online deathmatch game. But people still play, take Counter Strike as an example, either people use AWP or AK47 or M4.

Don't let the fact that people use high calibers only bother you to much, maybe you will see some new changes some time.

Offline Sythest

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:44:24 PM »
Okay, the point of the game might have changed, but has it changed? Did Barbarian Might jump around? Yeah, cause thats maybe up to the players opinion about whats best playing with..

As Wood says, peoples often choose the simplest easiest way to get frags/kills on, like that Counter Strike example. Eventhoughe peoples whine, do stupid things, act stupid, play only by jumping, its still possible to have fun!! Make some arena's in RuneED, ask some clan mates or friends to come to your own hosted server and play and chat simply for the FUN!! I think, what peoples miss today, is that Rune should be fun to play, its up to the person to draw a line between the game and the real life, how serious are you willing to go?

Personally, i can be damn serious in Rune, i can put money and efforts into it. Simply because i think its fun and enjoyable. I can hang around playing in some cool arena's having a couple of frags with out the "Serious" game crap. I think Soren, that you should try to look at the bright sides of the game too, there are mutch great once. Leave those negative thoughts away, and play for the FUN! :D

Thanks-
Syth :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 08:48:21 PM by Sythest »

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
I have to admit that I'm actually a bit impressed after a session last night on the Gaiscedach server; a great number of people actively used medium caliber weapons... to fight with! They didn't just solely and consistently "bunny" around mindlessly with a high caliber weapon.

:o
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline LysB

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
You really don't like jumpers aye? :D

Offline fury

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »
..couldn't get any worse, after about a year, you come back to an even bigger pile of stinking shit.

People unable to do anything unless it's by jumping. I bet the people even think they're Odin's gift to the community when their epeen meter goes through the roof.

People accepting and embracing exploitation of the engine, willingly spreading the information about how to do it (picking up a weapon and picking up a second copy for the inventory).

I don't know why I keep trying to get into the game... every time I do, it has sunken deeper and deeper into a disgusting mess of idiocy and incompetence.

Agreed , rune keeps sinking lower and lower,idiots with aimbots and speedhack...of course i do jumping ,but i also like lowcal weapons, im in to everything

-[Saint]-Fury

Offline LysB

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »
Didnt think ya'll hated me that much..  ???

Offline fury

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »
I dont hate u ...

Offline LysB

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »
you all hate me..

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »
I love fruitcake!  ;)

Offline LysB

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
Well don't eat me..