Author Topic: Introduction to the tournament  (Read 17821 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Introduction to the tournament
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
To begin with that was my plan, but as I know jack-shit about maps suitable for team play, I scrapped the idea. However, I can't imagine many hordes straying from the "default" maps in rotation on the servers, even though one of my hopes with the tournament were to see more "exotic" maps in play.

If too much squabble arise, I suppose the tournament could be tied up more by setting up map limitations... but before doing so, I'd like to put faith in the decisions of the hordes about choosing maps with high playability and suitability for team play. Sure, it reeks of naiveness...
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Vindal

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:07 PM »
This tournament sounds really interesting.

I'll post about this on our forum, and lets hope my horde will be up for this. thank you...

Short sign-up deadline, though  :(

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 07:04:17 AM »
No worries, it'll be extended by another week, so it's April 1st instead of March 25th.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Virus

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 03:30:52 PM »
Btw, I think advertising the tournament in clan forums might be a good way to get more clans signed up.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
*sigh*

Yeah, I'll probably have to resort to that, despite my disgust for spam.

Ideally the in-game news, community forums (the official forums, IRCC and such places) and word of mouth would have done the trick, but probably is to ask for too much :-\\.

spin2win

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 07:17:40 PM »
I can help you a bit if you want me to

Offline DAD.tika

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 02:23:54 AM »
We're considering sign up at BDL atm. Maybe the deadline should be extended a bit further ...

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 05:53:38 AM »
There's a week left still... how much further do you have in mind? Ideally I would like the tournament to begin some time this year ;).

spin2win

Offline Emperor

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »
(depending on the interest shown in the tournament as well as the reliability of the hordes wanting to participate)

That's quite an interesting sentence, I'm wondering who will be seen as reliable and who's seen as unreliable. Depending on that judgement, <)WTN(> might wake up once more to participate in this tournament.
Although we initially did not want to play wars any more -as a reaction against the use of cheats these days- we might put aside our hatred and suspicion against certain clans, and give it a try. Once more depending on who exactly will be participating.

So if we decide to support this great initiative, by participating, we will probably sign up  around 1 April, so we know exactly who is and who is not participating.

No matter what the outcome may be (participating or not) we appreciate the work you put into this tournament and we'll keep our fingers crossed, so it turns out to be a big success.

Kind regards
<)WTN(>Emperor
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:11:07 PM by Emperor »

Offline Attila

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »
There's a week left still... how much further do you have in mind? Ideally I would like the tournament to begin some time this year ;).

Yeah but man.. only four clans are currently registered. That's an awfully small tourney.. heh. It looks like a blast too, we are looking forward to it. Haven't played any wars in a while over at JuNN, the Horde died for a bit but we are back in force now. I'm really hoping some more Clans decide to commit to this.

;D

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
(depending on the interest shown in the tournament as well as the reliability of the hordes wanting to participate)
That's quite an interesting sentence, I'm wondering who will be seen as reliable and who's seen as unreliable. [...]
I knew that formulation would eventually come back and bite me in my behind. What I wanted with it, was to get hordes to take a look at themselves, and decide if they found their horde and the members within it to be reliable enough to sign up for the commitment a tournament like this would be to them; would they take it seriously and play the matches they would be up for... or don't think much of it and just abandon it when/if the interest fades, leaving matches to be played unplayed... as seen to be the case in most of the recent events organized in the game (just take a look here).

Yeah but man.. only four clans are currently registered. That's an awfully small tourney.. heh. [...]
Very true, but that's (hopefully) because I've not yet started spamming the horde forums, begging them to come sign up inviting them to participate in the tournament ;). But to be fair, the deadline should probably be extended to a week after I get around to get that done.

spin2win

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:19 PM »

That's quite an interesting sentence, I'm wondering who will be seen as reliable and who's seen as unreliable. Depending on that judgement, <)WTN(> might wake up once more to participate in this tournament.
Although we initially did not want to play wars any more -as a reaction against the use of cheats these days- we might put aside our hatred and suspicion against certain clans, and give it a try. Once more depending on who exactly will be participating.

So if we decide to support this great initiative, by participating, we will probably sign up  around 1 April, so we know exactly who is and who is not participating.

No matter what the outcome may be (participating or not) we appreciate the work you put into this tournament and we'll keep our fingers crossed, so it turns out to be a big success.

Kind regards
<)WTN(>Emperor

Nice words, Emp, very nice!

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 03:36:16 PM »
HoV-playing hordes having updated their RHI profile within the last month - with an accessible (and working*) forum - have now been invited to sign up for and participate in the tournament. This sign up deadline has thus been extended to 8th April, and this date is final. The next phase is to begin on 9th April.

* seems like my runehordes.info e-mail address is banned at the Nosebleed forum (for whatever reason that might be!), the Intoxicated forum just redirected me to the board index without doing anything after trying to register a new username and the PkP site and forum has gotten suspended by their host.

spin2win

Offline SemteX

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 05:09:29 PM »
the Intoxicated forum just redirected me to the board index without doing anything after trying to register a new username

I just tryed to register a new account. Everything worked fine, I dont know if someone else got this Problem.
We will discuss that, although I havent not understand the rules 100% yet. We'll see if we take part, though it sounds very interesting and exacting.

Offline DAD.tika

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 04:32:31 AM »
Hey Søren, your good work is appreciated as allways :)

Main problem for BDL is there are about 5 or 6 active wargaming members involved in TNG still. It would be too much for most of them to do a second contest in parallel.