Author Topic: Introduction to the tournament  (Read 17559 times)

Offline Alternative

Re: Introduction to the tournament
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 09:59:01 AM »
sry for that soren, but the forum got flooded for some time with members havin *@*.info mail-adresses  >:(
if u still like to take a look in our forum... it's possible now  :-)

unfortunatly we're having a lack of active players... I hope this will be better until signin ends...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:01:04 AM by Alternative »

Offline Timberwolf

• Yay
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:16 AM »
WHY, OH WHY are the tournaments ALWAYS in the periods where I am the most BUSY!?  :\'(

Nevermind. I suck and I have no clan.  ;)

But I could spam a few forums and other places about it though.

If it's going to be TDM you could always get inspiration from the RCL rules.
Formerly known as Zaphirs_Timberwolf

Offline Emperor

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »
Are those clans, listed in the 'Declarations of war' topic, accepted?

Emperor

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »
Aye, the hordes listed in this topic are the hordes to play in the tournament.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Emperor

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
We are aware of the fact you need 8 clans to make this tournament work, without these clans it's not even possible to make two groups, thus you can't start.
We really want to help you out and make it work, but we can't take back everything we've said, we can't pretend nothing has happened.

To cut the bullshit, we can't participate in a tournament where we would be obligated to face clans, we see as unreliable. Ioe, for example, is a clan we don't want to grant the fun of playing wars, surely not against us.

We don't want to make it any harder for you, than it already is Soren, so you don't have to make a choice. We won't participate. I do hope you find 8 clans though, if you'd have 8 -reliable- clans we could replace IOE, I'm sure none of the other competitors would mind that.

Good luck with it. You have our (moral) support

EDIT: It's not my intention to start a discussion with IOE or any other clan in here. We've had far too many. I'm not attacking a member in particular, but the clan as a whole although we are also aware there are clean players in IOE. But you play as a clan.. So please, no replies with that content, they are useless and I won't even bother to read them.
EDIT 2: The 4 clans mentioned in your 'official' list, Soren, are for us reliable enough to face. Just a side note.

Emperor
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:07:53 PM by Emperor »

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »
[...] without these clans it's not even possible to make two groups, thus you can't start. [...]
Groups? Groups?! This ain't a fancy pansy league... but a tournament according to the double elimination scheme :P. It would be possible to start up the tournament with a minimum of five hordes, but the length (amount of battles) would then be laughable in comparison to eight hordes, which will also give all participating hordes a battle to fight in the first round of the tournament.

[...] We won't participate. [...]
Fair enough... and thanks :).
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Emperor

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
Groups? Groups?! This ain't a fancy pansy league... but a tournament according to the double elimination scheme :P.

oh excuuuuuussssseee meeh!  >:D
Fair enough... and thanks :).
You're welcome, just make this one work  ;) Not for us, but for the sake of the community.
Ciao!
Emperor

Offline Virus

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »
This sign up also puts Rage in an awkward position. We have always denied cw's vs Impostors clans for the same reason as WTN, and now we have to face him if we stay in the tournament. To be honest I hoped he wouldn't sign in. But for now we are not sure of what to do.
As I stated in the rage forum, I don't have any problems with the rest of you guys that I know.

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
Awie Emperor, that are pretty sad news, but I think everyone appreciates your nice words man!
I think that I'm speaking for everyone in soc..we feel honored that you trust in our loyality.  :)
Maybe we can arrange some fight outside the tournament, it would be a pleasure.

Offline Albas

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »
To Virus and Emperor...

You guys sound like a bunch of pussies.  Run anti cheat on your server and make sure they run it on theirs.  Problem solved.  To me you just look like a bunch of cowards who are just afraid of getting your ass kicked legitimately by a person/clan you don't like.  The tournament will be better without you!

Think I'm wrong?  Play in the tournament and prove it.  By turning and running you disgrace your clans more than if you were to simply lose.

Cowards!

Offline Emperor

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 08:34:11 AM »
To Virus and Emperor...

You guys sound like a bunch of pussies.  Run anti cheat on your server and make sure they run it on theirs.  Problem solved.  To me you just look like a bunch of cowards who are just afraid of getting your ass kicked legitimately by a person/clan you don't like.  The tournament will be better without you!

Think I'm wrong?  Play in the tournament and prove it.  By turning and running you disgrace your clans more than if you were to simply lose.

Cowards!

It's not about losing or winning, it's about principles. If you would have followed what goes around in the community or what went around, you'd understand. We've made a statement some time ago, it would be a disgrace to ignore it now. I'd love to play and spill blood, it has been way too long. But I'd rather do that against clans I trust, that's not too much to ask, is it?

I'd even sign up just to help Sören out, I wouldn't like to see this one die because only 7 clans signed up and one clan was too stubborn to sign up with them. So if that would be the case, we will participate and we will spill your blood. But if we have the choice we will not. And Albas, don't worry too much about Rage, they will play, I'm quite sure of that.. So if you feel like provoking, provoke <)WTN(> because we're the only 'cowards' around here. ;)

Aye, you're more then welcome Vile, I still care about this community. All the best in the tournament! About that war, sure.. You have my msn, we'll be glad to help you out, getting your skills up before the start of the tournament, we'll be helping Rage with that too ;). I'm glad to see we're worthy enough to be training partners.

//Emperor
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:20:42 PM by Emperor »

Offline Avarice

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »
Albas...Pretty much every server is running with anti-cheat mutators, and yet it doesn't really seem to prevent the cheaters from cheating. RRA was made and it was hacked pretty quickly, from what I heard. I don't see how it's cowardice to not want to play a certain or some certain clans because you don't trust them. Our community should be about trust, in my opinion. The community is supposed to stand together, and that's why I feel it's needed to be able to trust the clans. Although I am a former member of ioe, I don't think any of them cheat. And even if they do, I don't care that much about it. Sure, you can say just play against them and beat them or lose against them. It's an option, I agree. But let's make an example here..If you don't trust me as a person, would you confide in me? Would you say things to me that you'd only tell your best friends? I know I wouldn't. Soc is going to play against ioe, that's for sure. I've also told my fellow clansmen in soc, that I most likely won't participate in this tournament. But it got me thinking that I might just play a few of the matches here. Bottomline...Nobody should feel forced to do something they don't want to, in my opinion. Take it or leave it but I at least hope you can understand where both Rage and WTN are coming from with this because I most certainly do. It should be an individual choice, although it's kind of difficult in a tournament. But do not call them cowards or "pussies" because they don't feel they can trust a clan or at least someone in the clan. It's just that they don't trust them and that's fair.

Offline Albas

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 09:45:18 PM »
Albas...Pretty much every server is running with anti-cheat mutators, and yet it doesn't really seem to prevent the cheaters from cheating. RRA was made and it was hacked pretty quickly, from what I heard. I don't see how it's cowardice to not want to play a certain or some certain clans because you don't trust them. Our community should be about trust, in my opinion. The community is supposed to stand together, and that's why I feel it's needed to be able to trust the clans. Although I am a former member of ioe, I don't think any of them cheat. And even if they do, I don't care that much about it. Sure, you can say just play against them and beat them or lose against them. It's an option, I agree. But let's make an example here..If you don't trust me as a person, would you confide in me? Would you say things to me that you'd only tell your best friends? I know I wouldn't. Soc is going to play against ioe, that's for sure. I've also told my fellow clansmen in soc, that I most likely won't participate in this tournament. But it got me thinking that I might just play a few of the matches here. Bottomline...Nobody should feel forced to do something they don't want to, in my opinion. Take it or leave it but I at least hope you can understand where both Rage and WTN are coming from with this because I most certainly do. It should be an individual choice, although it's kind of difficult in a tournament. But do not call them cowards or "pussies" because they don't feel they can trust a clan or at least someone in the clan. It's just that they don't trust them and that's fair.

I am fully aware of the justification for not wanting to play.  However, coming from a clan (ROV) that has constantly been accused of cheating, I feel that I understand full well what the players in IOE are going through.  You personally come from IOE and you do not believe they cheat, so you understand where I am coming from here.  Let's look at the facts.

1.  People assume IOE players cheat because they get good scores (110-30) and are very difficult to kill.
2.  People run server side protection such as RRA and TRBP along with version 1.08 and it still doesn't seem to prevent them from running their "cheats".
3.  Many clans and players who do not cheat have often been accused of cheating in the past, myself and my clan included.

Perhaps the problem here is not the anti-cheat protection, but the players who are accusing IOE itself of cheating.  It seems like you have no proof that any of them are cheating other than the fact that they are difficult to kill and that they get good scores.

Now you are saying you don't "trust" them and you want them eliminated from the tournament.  To me it just seems like it is the weaker clans who are ganging up on the better players, like has happened in the past and what will probably continue to happen in the future.  You should always be careful that you don't accuse people of cheating because their gameplay has reached a level of complexity higher than you can understand.  Just because you can't do it, it doesn't mean that others can.  I remember when people first found out about the jump spin.  Accusations of cheating flew left and right, but it was just because people didn't see the part of the jump attack animation where the weapon sticks out to the left.  Now nobody would accuse axe jumpers of cheating.

Come on Avarice... tell me you don't agree with me.  So far all I have heard are stories and baseless accusations.  I have seen NO hard evidence in the forms of demorecs, chatlogs, or programs that sniff out keybinds commonly used to run cheat programs.  Until I see these things, I will consider those clans that refuse to play in this tournament because of IOE to be a bunch of weak cowards... not because I am throwing around insults, but because they are weak and cowardly by definition.  Get evidence and change my mind.

Offline Gorm

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 10:31:46 PM »
and yet the easiest way to solve all these problems were to for the" accusased" to publish there user.files + the rune.int

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 07:38:48 AM »
and yet the easiest way to solve all these problems were to for the" accusased" to publish there user.files + the rune.int
Not really. It's not exactly difficult to clean up such files before submission, should they contain content related to cheating and exploitation.

spin2win