Author Topic: Calling all 1.08 users  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Calling all 1.08 users
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »
As posted on the RuneGame.com Forums, Lär is looking for people with the v1.08 patch installed who may have experienced one or more of the following issues:

• Custom scoreboards not displaying (SATools2, BMScoreboard, etc.)
  • Hang at "Connecting" when trying to join a 1.08 server
  • Other players using HOV and non-default skins are invisible in 1.08 servers
  • When trying to join another 1.08 server, you loopback to the server you were previously on
  • Game crashes if testing maps in non-dedicated mode on your machine, then you decide to join another 1.08 server
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:24:23 AM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Calling all 1.08 users
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
If you are experiencing any of the issues above, install Lär's 1.08a patch and see if it makes a difference:

Quicky ReadMe for patch 108a

Unzip the included files to your Rune HoV \System folder, overwriting the old ones.

This small patch should correct some problems noted with the original 1.08 patch released in September 2005.
The issues are listed below, along with the offending filename(s)

* Custom scoreboards not displaying (SATools2, BMScoreboard, etc.) (RuneServerAdmin.u)
    * Hang at "Connecting" when trying to join a 1.08 server (RuneServerAdmin.u)
    * Other players using HOV and non-default skins are invisible in 1.08 servers (RuneServerAdmin.u)
    * When trying to join another 1.08 server, you loopback to the server you were previously on (UWindow.u & UBrowser.u)
    * Game crashes if testing maps in non-dedicated mode on your machine, then you decide to join another 1.08 server (UWindow.u & UBrowser.u)

Some of you may be asking "why did RuneServerAdmin cause the first three problems, isn't it used by servers only?"
To be honest, I don't know.  I'm guessing it was just a bad compile.  The problems mentioned only
manifest themselves if the client has installed RuneServerAdmin .5a, so the problem was actually
with that file, and not RuneServerAdmin.u included in the original 1.08 package.

If you still get "invisible" players after installing this patch, then it is most likely a German version problem.

A download link to the patch can be found here.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win