Author Topic: War Clan vs. Memoria  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Vindal

War Clan vs. Memoria
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:52:57 PM »

I'm very sorry, but I think we lost the shot in Hildir. When I take a sreenshot from a game, I press the "Prt Sc" key on the keyboard. I went out of the game talking to Sucker. I forgot I had taken the sshot and copy+pasted something to Sucker, causing me to overwrite the shot.  :-\\ We can now only rely on Fangskin who might took one. If so, I'll upload it as quickly as possible.

The score in Hildir was like;
Memoria - 100 , War Clan - 20 - 40.

As you can see, we tied up against War Clan on their home map.

Then what?

I've really tried to read the rules, but it's not all of your english I understand Soren. I've asked a couple of other PEC-participants, who could neither tell me.

.... If it happens for us to have won the map, I'd like to ask something.

If a round is lost on a horde's home map, the opponent horde gains ownership of the map.

Then we own Ingles?

a horde cannot use the same map as their home map twice in a row.

We used Hildir, which means we can't use Hildir again. Then we'd like to choose Ingles, but;

an attacking horde winning over a defending horde can't use the defending horde's home map as their home map when the roles are switched.

I don't understand it. So we're neither allowed to use Ingles?

*I can now report that Fangskin aint got any screenhot, so I surpose we need Satros to confirm the match in Hildir.

Regards
Releak

EDIT: Attached the screen shot of the scoreboard to the post. // Søren Bjerg.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:20:54 PM by Søren Bjerg »

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: War Clan vs. Memoria
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 02:46:19 PM »
I'm very sorry, but I think we lost the shot in Hildir. [...]
The score in Hildir was like;
Memoria - 100 , War Clan - 20 - 40. [...]
Unless War Clan can confirm the scores of the Hildir map and their overall loss, I'm afraid you will have to play the map again for the battle to count in the tournament.

If a round is lost on a horde's home map, the opponent horde gains ownership of the map.
Then we own Ingles?
If you won the match played in Ingles, yes, you are allowed to take ownership of the map.

a horde cannot use the same map as their home map twice in a row.
We used Hildir, which means we can't use Hildir again.
In the many revisions the concept document went through, this part missed out on yet another revision (which has now been made to the document). The rule applies only if the given horde has control over more than one map - to encourage diversity in the maps used by a given horde.

an attacking horde winning over a defending horde can't use the defending horde's home map as their home map when the roles are switched.
I don't understand it. So we're neither allowed to use Ingles?
Not the best way to write it, I agree. Anyhow, the rule applies to matches played in a round. In short, if you gain control over an opponent's home map, you are not allowed to use it as your own home map until the next round in the tournament.

I hope this clarifies matters... :-[.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Zinth

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »
Then we own Ingles?
If you won the match played in Ingles, yes, you are allowed to take ownership of the map.

That map ended in a draw, does that mean that the defenders will get to keep their map, since the attackers didn't really succeed in conquering the map? I just thought I would ask to avoid further confusions :)

Offline Satros

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »
yeah, they won

we tied in ingles and lost in hildir

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 05:12:41 AM »
Then we own Ingles?

That map ended in a draw, does that mean that the defenders will get to keep their map, since the attackers didn't really succeed in conquering the map? I just thought I would ask to avoid further confusions :)
Aye, only if you actually win a map (your frag count is higher than that of your opponent) you're eligible for conquering their home map.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 05:13:18 AM »
yeah, they won

we tied in ingles and lost in hildir
Ok, thanks for the confirmation. You can't by any chance remember the score in Hildir?

Anyhow, the standings have been updated with the results of the match.

spin2win

Offline Vindal

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 08:32:09 AM »
Yes it's all comming together now. Thank you Soren.

I am certain that the match in Hildir ended up above 100 for Memoria, and around 30 for War Clan.

Offline Gorm

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »
hmm if my memory servers me right amplify said it was like 168 - 8 or something but no idea really , hopefully some one took a picture ;)