Author Topic: Strain of Cruelty vs. Gaiscedach  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Avarice

Strain of Cruelty vs. Gaiscedach
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:33:22 PM »
Gaiscedach didn't fail to play..I see it more as soc's fault since pretty much everyone in soc has gone inactive, apart from me. Sorry for all of these ridiculous complications, but don't have Gaiscedach "drop out" because of soc's inactivity. ;) (If they have chosen to leave the tournament themselves, then so be it, I just wanted to do this in all fairness)

Offline §tigmata

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »
we didn t drop out on our own.....actually we tried to get a contact to play our match as fast as possible, but u know...soc had some problems ( talking to us about their inactivity), so we didn t know what was goin on.

Offline Gaiscedach-feYLaMIa

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:02:17 PM »
Uh, i demand Gambit to inform u 'bout Soc's leavin when he told me of their inactivity o_O

[Chatlog - START]
feY M. Luca sagt:
[14:00] Wand: I don't know why, but the interest in Rune has totally gone, we are currently on a break..maybe we will be back. This doesn't mean we are dead, just in a slumber.
[14:00] Wand: soc page
feY M. Luca sagt:
Wand=Stigmata
feY M. Luca sagt:
taken from soc-page
feY M. Luca sagt:
do u know something bout that ?
Henk `'` sagt:
I wanted to say that to U xD
Henk `'` sagt:
that we are inactive
Henk `'` sagt:
The summer comes
feY M. Luca sagt:
well, u're leavin the tourney ?
Henk `'` sagt:
and the guys have to do better things then only rune
Henk `'` sagt:
ye we left the tourney i think
Henk `'` sagt:
Well
Henk `'` sagt:
i think we stop the tournament hehe
feY M. Luca sagt:
nevertheless, thank you for the information
Henk `'` sagt:
hehe ye 
feY M. Luca sagt:
i'll post this chatlog in our forum
feY M. Luca sagt:
will u inform the orgaz of the tourney bout ur leavin ?
Henk `'` sagt:
at the tourney forum ?
feY M. Luca sagt:
for example
feY M. Luca sagt:
just try to connect the heads of tourney for telling them ur leaving
feY M. Luca sagt:
please 
Henk `'` sagt:
I will say this to vileslayer :
Henk `'` sagt:
he signed us up
feY M. Luca sagt:
aYe
feY M. Luca sagt:
thank you a lot man 
[END]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:27:22 PM by Gaiscedach-feYLaMIa »

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »
btw. we would have played the match vs. ioe 'till end of commin' up weekend.

we're already in contact with ^ioe for that match.....

Offline Impostor

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 07:04:09 PM »
Great Fey. I hope you're easier to contact than Junn ;).

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:45:46 PM »
ask loopy :p - just told to him today

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 05:43:19 AM »
The thing is, I didn't hear anything from either of the two hordes about this, and all I've heard from Gaiscedach in context of this tournament has been when Stigmata signed up their horde and queried for a deadline for when the wars should be played (and that before the deadline was extended by a week).

Gaiscedach was just as obligated as Strain of Cruelty to submit a report from the battlefield (about SoC's choice to go inactive and take a dump on the tournament) - maybe more so as they would technically have been declared winner of the war in any other organized event with their opponent dropping out - as that's what the announcement in this board, the Reports from the battlefield announcement, states:

[...] the winning horde is to post a new topic announcing the result of the battle [...]
Emphasis mine.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline §tigmata

Re: Strain of Cruelty vs. Gaiscedach
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »
so as a result both clans are out of the tournament?

Offline Saint

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 12:03:43 PM »
Few thoughts here:

Gaiscedach has proven to be reliable in all of the tournaments they have participated in, one little mistake should not cost them their participation in my opinion. But it's not just that, for the tournament's sake it would be better to leave them in.

Btw, Soren, didn't u have a backupclan ready? Perhaps it would be an idea to replace soc with: http://forums.runehordes.info/index.php?topic=407.0

... Just a few suggestions ...

Small update on Memoria vs Rage, we're trying to set it for this sunday.

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
aw..sry for being away for that time but i had many stupid exams in school + important real life issues which made it impossible to pay any attention in Rune, didn't want to make it look disrespectful

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:08:50 PM »
If SoC was to be replaced with DMI (in case they are still interested in taking part of the tournament), Round 2 would have to be extended with another week (at most - or how long it would take for the two hordes to get their war done), to allow DMI to fight Gaiscedach, so they would enter the tournament on the same terms as the other hordes; starting from scratch.

On one hand I'm for the above, but on the other I'm annoyed by the fact hordes could then just dead out ignore a deadline - an extended one at that -, the consequences laid out in case of not meeting said deadline, and expect to be allowed to continue in the tournament by then letting their voices be heard.

[...] for the tournament's sake it would be better to leave them in. [...]
And what would happen if they were not allowed to do this? Would other hordes drop out of the tournament in a childish demonstration of support for Gaiscedach?
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Saint

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 03:14:48 PM »
And what would happen if they were not allowed to do this? Would other hordes drop out of the tournament in a childish demonstration of support for Gaiscedach?

I doubt that, but I do think that you should try to minimise losing clans like gaiscedach because of such reasons. Perhaps you're just too strict and I'm too soft but in this small community we're very much dependent on the clans to make a tournament succesful, losing a reliable clan like this isn't helping the tournament. I think both you and me value a played match a lot higher than a unplayed match. Don't let this tournament become just another tournament with a shitload of teams retiring/quitting/getting kicked out for time-issues that could have been prevented/solved, we've seen that too many times allready.

I agree on your point that people then could ignore deadlines, but a little faith in the clans that are playing in your tournament would not be misplaced, the clans need eachother to make the tournament work and I think and hope that the clans that are playing in this tournament will do their best to get their matches played in the given time.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:18:20 PM by Saint »

Offline §tigmata

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 05:26:28 PM »
thank you for your support!

you know gaiscedach has ALWAYS been a trustable clan and just due to such a silly  "misunderstanding" kicking us would be kinda ridiculous in my opinion.....anyways..thank you to soren. just let us know what' s goin on with dmi and whether we shall face ioe or not..

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 07:20:17 AM »
Fine...

PLAY-OFF
    Dead Man inc. [Ruins] vs. [Ostara] Gaiscedach

Strain of Cruelty has chosen to leave the tournament due to inactivity within the horde and they have thus been replaced with Dead Man inc.. DMI and Gaiscedach is to play the play-off war first to find out which of hordes is to advance to the winning bracket and which of the hordes is to be placed in the losing bracket and fight extra hard for their continual participation in the tournament.

Until the completion of this play-off war, Incarnations of Evil and JuNN have been put temporarily on standby. [...]

spin2win