Author Topic: Round 3: Clan Rage vs ioe  (Read 13091 times)

Offline Vileslayer

• It's not about fighting, it's about dying
    • soc-homepage
Re: Round 3: Clan Rage vs ioe
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 06:33:14 PM »
What about the discussion you had with us before the tournament started Vileslayer?
I know I said I consider some moves strange, I ain't denying, but I just think that I wouldn't say cheater! instantly..but this is a opinion thing not a proving thing, everyone has his own opinion about certain things and cheats and stuff like that. I cant really find my opinion about that, which means i'm kinda out of that discussion, I said it once once on the runegame.com forums: Cheaters can be beaten, and thats what you did( according to your words that they cheat)

Offline Zinth

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 07:03:23 PM »
Zinth you and everyone who has played against that sort of players know what i mean
Dont try to pull out the "smart ass talk" on me please
I try to keep the argument at a low level, to avoid confusion.

You know its too hard to do a PERFECT 180 degrees turn + dodge + backhit all in a fraction of second
And you can't do that like all the time, with the very same PRECISION over and over again

Uff, most ioe dudes makes alot of mistakes concerning the back hit. And it's far from always only a 180 degree turn that's needed, which means that aturn command is not really that useful, if that's what you're thinking of. Oh, and everyone have probably heard this, but I thought I would bring it up once again, since it actually is correct. "Practise makes perfect" ;)

As for the rotation, play against someone using camerarot, and you'll see what i mean aswell

Or, you could bind a key to turning, really fast, and end up with the same result.

Offline Virus

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »
Zinth you and everyone who has played against that sort of players know what i mean
Dont try to pull out the "smart ass talk" on me please
I try to keep the argument at a low level, to avoid confusion.

You know its too hard to do a PERFECT 180 degrees turn + dodge + backhit all in a fraction of second
And you can't do that like all the time, with the very same PRECISION over and over again

Uff, most ioe dudes makes alot of mistakes concerning the back hit. And it's far from always only a 180 degree turn that's needed, which means that aturn command is not really that useful, if that's what you're thinking of. Oh, and everyone have probably heard this, but I thought I would bring it up once again, since it actually is correct. "Practise makes perfect" ;)

As for the rotation, play against someone using camerarot, and you'll see what i mean aswell

Or, you could bind a key to turning, really fast, and end up with the same result.

Exactly what are you saying? That you are using aturn?
As for your last comment, binding rotation to a key to turn really fast, that is DEFINETLY what I would consider to be a cheat. And to be honest that is what I believed aturn was.

Offline Virus

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »
What about the discussion you had with us before the tournament started Vileslayer?
I know I said I consider some moves strange, I ain't denying, but I just think that I wouldn't say cheater! instantly..but this is a opinion thing not a proving thing, everyone has his own opinion about certain things and cheats and stuff like that. I cant really find my opinion about that, which means i'm kinda out of that discussion, I said it once once on the runegame.com forums: Cheaters can be beaten, and thats what you did( according to your words that they cheat)

As I remembered you were the most eager of us all to go through with the boycott that was discussed before the tournament started.

Offline Zinth

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
As for your last comment, binding rotation to a key to turn really fast, that is DEFINETLY what I would consider to be a cheat. And to be honest that is what I believed aturn was.

No, I'm not using aturn, I'm just saying that it's not such a good command.
Woah, you really consider that as a cheat (The binding rotation)? If that's the case, you would most probably consider changing your sensetive a cheat aswell, since the same thing can be achived with increasing the sense.

Edit: Mind answering the question I asked a few posts ago? Exactly who in ioe are you guys accusing of cheating?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:30:02 PM by Zinth »

Offline Saint

Offline Vileslayer

• soc-homepage
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »

As I remembered you were the most eager of us all to go through with the boycott that was discussed before the tournament started.

Yep at first I was, but then some of you didnt care anymore, so I decided that it would be the best to let things go and not to care aswell, no thats why i dont really get how you are caring so much now?

Offline Virus

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:22 PM »

No, I'm not using aturn, I'm just saying that it's not such a good command.
Woah, you really consider that as a cheat (The binding rotation)? If that's the case, you would most probably consider changing your sensetive a cheat aswell, since the same thing can be achived with increasing the sense.

Edit: Mind answering the question I asked a few posts ago? Exactly who in ioe are you guys accusing of cheating?

To bind turns, moves, dodges, dubbel hits or whatever to a key is definetly cheating if you ask me. And I thought this was the opinion of the community, maybe and sadly I was wrong. Changing your mouse sensitivity is not the same thing, and I can't understand how you can compare those. However, changing the rotations speed of your camera so you can control a mouse sensitivity of 200 or whatever, that is a cheat.

And as for your question, I can't speak for everyone in Rage thus everyone has their own opinion and I wont go on personal flaming here. But after reading your post here it sounds to me that you, at least in my book, are cheating.

Offline Virus

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »
Seems like a nice game..but dont you think its a bit hard to say somebody cheats without any proving?  ???

I have to get back to this post again it seems.
You think that it is hard for us to claim that someone is cheating, eventhough you were the most eager to boycott the tournament due to ioe's participation. I don't see the logic?

Offline Shindara aka. Impact

• Team -|- Sacred
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
Oh, and everyone have probably heard this, but I thought I would bring it up once again, since it actually is correct. "Practise makes perfect" ;)

Indeed Practise does makes perfect, i think Rage has proven that
 thats why we still won over all the HAxxs !

Offline Vileslayer

• soc-homepage
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »
Look, I say it once again, I'm not denying that I said this, and I don't want to fed up with you and Rage, I like you guys, but this is just annoying, you were the ones saying that you suddenly don't care, and seriously I don't care much anymore, too. Of course you can claim that somebody "cheats"[...] I do NOT consider those stupid aturn and camrot shit as leet haxx if I think something is strange or maybe even cheaty then its the perfect aiming. BUT reading Nomads previous post in the other thread we had here really made me think a lot, I know that Sigmund/Impostor is a good player, and you know it too, I guess no one of us is refusing that fact, but I also know that he is a perfectionist, also known as nerd..which made me think: " uhm is that cheat or just skill?" I came to the conclusion that I simply don't know which means that I won't say he cheats, end of discussion.

Offline Zinth

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »
Right, so just because we don't happen to share the same view, you're pretty much accusing me of cheating? I can say (even though I know you won't trust/believe me) that the only weird thing I'm using is an extremely high fov.

Oh, and people that don't use a mouse, but the keyboard only, should they not be allowed to turn around at the speed they want? I know that almost noone does, but should we really go ahead and declare them as cheaters just because they dislike using the mouse?

Offline Virus

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
I never before these posts considered you to cheat, but it seemed like you were stating that you have bound instant rotation/turning to keys. And as I said, doing such binds are cheating in my book. Without binding an instant turn to a key, you wont be able to make that exact turn again and again and again. Your turn will be different and perhaps not so fast.

As for the second part, not worth a reply, sorry.

Offline Zinth

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 08:23:49 PM »
Without binding an instant turn to a key, you wont be able to make that exact turn again and again and again

Right, but not me, Imp nor Gore do the exact same turn "again and again and again". And feel like elaborating 'bout the second part?

Offline Virus

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 08:34:28 PM »
Without binding an instant turn to a key, you wont be able to make that exact turn again and again and again

Right, but not me, Imp nor Gore do the exact same turn "again and again and again". And feel like elaborating 'bout the second part?

This discussion have lost its path. The starting point, not in this thread but mine and yours, was what I considered to be a cheat.

And no, I don't think it is necessary to eloborate.