Author Topic: Participation composition  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Participation composition
« on: July 19, 2007, 08:32:33 AM »
While the RUNE HORDES dot INFO project concentrates on the hordes in the game, I understand it may be a more popular choice to open up the participation in the tournament to custom teams of players across hordes and even players with no horde affiliation, as doing so could potentially result in a greater number of teams signing up to participate, but it might also result in numerous retarded team- and player names - making a mockery out of the event.

On the other hand, if restricting to hordes only the teams could potentially take the tournament far more seriously, resulting in a more competitive event, as teams fight for the glory of their horde - rather than their custom teams with insignificant lifespans.

What's your take? Would you be more inclined to sign up for the tournament if you could do so with a custom team rather than a team based on your horde?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:36:43 AM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline socketboy

Re: Participation composition
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:19:21 AM »
I think it would be fun as a free for all - but that might be harder to setup.
But yeah I'd like to play -not sure how many others I can get though. Makeshift teams might be a good idea

Offline Zinth

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 07:01:32 AM »
I'd personally prefer if the teams were based on hordes.

On the other hand, if restricting to hordes only the teams could potentially take the tournament far more seriously, resulting in a more competitive event, as teams fight for the glory of their horde - rather than their custom teams with insignificant lifespans.

And that's the main reason of why I prefer fighting for a horde, instead of a custom team :p

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 07:05:18 AM »
Clan-based system is probably better since clans are more organized. How about that idea: one team may have one extra player as a mercenary if it can't manage to get 3 active players from the own horde.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 07:18:14 AM »
[...] How about that idea: one team may have one extra player as a mercenary if it can't manage to get 3 active players from the own horde.
Yeah, that idea did cross my mind briefly yesterday, but I forgot about it again before getting around to write it down.

The mercenary would have to be either a player with no horde affiliation or a member of a horde not participating in the tournament.

Possibly allow two hordes to form an alliance - signing up as one - for the duration of the tournament and in tournament context...?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 07:24:04 AM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline POKRISHKA

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »
That's a not bad idea. RF can form a union with some other clans - we got 2 not bad lowcal players: me and Mixogen. :) So what's the final result? Mercenaries and alliances are allowed?

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
[...] So what's the final result? Mercenaries and alliances are allowed?
I'll see if I can decide with myself tomorrow and throw something together for sign ups, if RCI gives me time.

spin2win

Offline DAD.tika

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:23:23 AM »
I would prefer horde-based teams. All but one should belong to the clan signing responsible for the team action. One extra team member should be alowed. This could be a mercenary, or a member from another clan. The mercenary should be known to some degree and have some reputation in the game.
Although I'm a mediocre player at best, I would like to participate. Liking low caliber more than the one hit one kill big weapons.

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 09:36:34 PM »
Ok, here's the deal.

The tournament is going to be focused around horde-based teams following one of these schemes:

• Horde
    • All signed up members must share the same horde affiliation.

• Alliance
    • The horde affiliation of the signed up members must be split as equally as possible between the two hordes sharing the alliance.
    • During wars at least one member of each originating horde must be represented.

• Mercenary
    • All signed up members - except for one - must share the same horde affiliation.
    • The "odd one out" - the mercenary - must be without any horde affiliation.
    • During wars the mercenary must play.

Teams must sign up with at least three members, but may sign up with more if they so desire.
Only one team per horde is allowed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:38:31 PM by Søren Bjerg »

spin2win