Author Topic: April 1st  (Read 6188 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: Not anymore
April 1st
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »
Today would have been the perfect day to shut down the RUNE HORDES dot INFO project, as I have been thinking about doing recently.

Partly because my interest in both playing the actual game of ROON (as evidenced by my many rants over time) and maintaining this site has been dwindling for so long now (and especially so with my "game time" being constantly occupied by WoW, in which I am actually of some use to my guild... and PvE raiding is ever so much more fun than PvP chest beating).
Partly because I'm conflicted between making sure the RHI project is run according to the vision, it being the complete and up-to-date listing of hordes - and their players - in the game, and upholding a certain level of quality.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to just shut it down, as the game of ROON still has a place in my heart (hell, I've put countless hours into the game throughout the years) and the site is still actually being used by - what I would think of as being - committed hordes, who have proven themselves not to be "dayfly hordes".

So instead of shutting down the site I'll be making some updates to the site (or try to find the "time and energy" to do so), allowing for a more responsive system with regards to requesting a new hordes to be added to the system and actually seeing it added... and allowing trusted non-administrators to administrate certain parts of the site (i.e. approving new horde requests).
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline mash

Re: April 1st
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »
i see. i would like to have controll on what clans should be aproved to be added. i have a good eye on day fly hordes;

Offline Edelas

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
I'd be happy to help aswell

Offline Nømad

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
Today would have been the perfect day to shut down the RUNE HORDES dot INFO project, as I have been thinking about doing recently.

Partly because my interest in both playing the actual game of ROON (as evidenced by my many rants over time) and maintaining this site has been dwindling for so long now (and especially so with my "game time" being constantly occupied by WoW, in which I am actually of some use to my guild... and PvE raiding is ever so much more fun than PvP chest beating).
Partly because I'm conflicted between making sure the RHI project is run according to the vision, it being the complete and up-to-date listing of hordes - and their players - in the game, and upholding a certain level of quality.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to just shut it down, as the game of ROON still has a place in my heart (hell, I've put countless hours into the game throughout the years) and the site is still actually being used by - what I would think of as being - committed hordes, who have proven themselves not to be "dayfly hordes".

So instead of shutting down the site I'll be making some updates to the site (or try to find the "time and energy" to do so), allowing for a more responsive system with regards to requesting a new hordes to be added to the system and actually seeing it added... and allowing trusted non-administrators to administrate certain parts of the site (i.e. approving new horde requests).

Can't say I blame you for your fading will to keep it up, though it'd be a shame to see runehordes go. So I hope you'll find the time and inspiration needed to keep it up for a while longer, regardless of what negative experiences you gain from the project in the meantime - after all, you're giving a whole lot of people quite a positive experience in doing so.

i see. i would like to have controll on what clans should be aproved to be added. i have a good eye on day fly hordes;

You want to be an authority on which hordes should be considered eligible for addition into the listing? Sounds to me like you'd let your personal feelings regarding the hordes in question rule rather than your sense of duty.

Offline mash

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
ye. givin my oppinion on what clans should be added. i know which clans are for 1 day and which are for years. and ofc  this is sorens place so he makes the final judgement:

Offline Edelas

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »
How do you know?You can never know if a clan will last for years or not...

Offline Vindal

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »
I definitely appreciate your efforts, Søren. Thanks for maintaining runehordes.info

Offline mash

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 03:16:28 PM »
How do you know?You can never know if a clan will last for years or not...

trust me its easy.

Offline Edelas

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
Nah,Explain how you know if a horde is going to last years or not?

Offline Mata

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
Just look at the Leader(s) & Members

Offline mash

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »
Just look at the Leader(s) & Members

THATS RIGHT GOD DAMMIT!

Offline Carnivore

• • Banned
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »
Yeah, look at Rooster and Mashit. They let the great Air Cockz clan die after 2 months.  :-\\

Offline Nømad

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »
First of all, I'm sorry for continuing on a disruptive trail of conversation. If the administration deems my post misplaced or inappropriate, feel free to remove it.
ye. givin my oppinion on what clans should be added. i know which clans are for 1 day and which are for years. and ofc  this is sorens place so he makes the final judgement:
http://runehordes.info/horde.php?hID=290
I'm sorry, but how can you deem yourself worthy of representing the runehordes system if you can't even comply with the guidelines yourself?
It IS in place to make it possible to give an "accurate" overview of the nationalities (and amount of people from same) in a given horde - and in the game as a whole - as well as making it possible for people to easily finding people some a given nationality by "searching" for them. If someone doesn't want to show their real nationality, there's a "Not specified" nationality for the very same purpose!
From "The Zero Tolerance policy" thread. I personally interpret this as a command to display your real, current nationality - i.e. the nation of which you are a citizen. You, Mashit, live in Rinkeby, Sweden. Not in Greece, regardless of your ethnic heritage. Or have I misinterpreted the purpose of the "nationality" space?

Offline mash

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »
First of all, I'm sorry for continuing on a disruptive trail of conversation. If the administration deems my post misplaced or inappropriate, feel free to remove it.
http://runehordes.info/horde.php?hID=290
I'm sorry, but how can you deem yourself worthy of representing the runehordes system if you can't even comply with the guidelines yourself?
It IS in place to make it possible to give an "accurate" overview of the nationalities (and amount of people from same) in a given horde - and in the game as a whole - as well as making it possible for people to easily finding people some a given nationality by "searching" for them. If someone doesn't want to show their real nationality, there's a "Not specified" nationality for the very same purpose!
From "The Zero Tolerance policy" thread. I personally interpret this as a command to display your real, current nationality - i.e. the nation of which you are a citizen. You, Mashit, live in Rinkeby, Sweden. Not in Greece, regardless of your ethnic heritage. Or have I misinterpreted the purpose of the "nationality" space?

rofl, arent u a little pathetic now man? my both parents are greek. meaning im greek. i live in sweden, and i dont feel swedish. would u call urself greek if ur parents are swedish and u live in greece?

Offline Nømad

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »

rofl, arent u a little pathetic now man? my both parents are greek. meaning im greek. i live in sweden, and i dont feel swedish. would u call urself greek if ur parents are swedish and u live in greece?

Yes, I would. If I was a greek citizen, as you are a Swedish citizen. If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of the nationality listing of runehordes is to allow people to get an overview of where the players are from. Then your ethnic background is rather irrelevant. You don't see "haircolour" or "clothing style" there either - because it's irrelevant from this perspective. What is relevant is where you are currently residing, where you are a legal citizen. The location from which your computer interacts with other computers.