Author Topic: Disabled account registration  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Disabled account registration
« on: August 11, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »
Forgot to post a short notice about this, but account registration has been temporarily disabled due to massive influx of questionable account registrations. Hopefully I'll be able to find a solution to this problem soonish.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Disabled account registration
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:21:12 PM »
I had hoped to find a solution to the massive amounts of unwanted accounts caused by re-enabling account registration long ago, but sadly the problem is still present. However, I have made changes to the "add new horde" functionality of the RUNE HORDES dot INFO system, which now allows for new hordes to be added without having to be in possession of a forum account.

In order to verify that the new horde is added by an actual human being and a genuine RUNE player, as to prevent or at least reduce the amount of questionable content being added to the database, the process has been gated with a recognition test, where a number of multiplayer maps has to be successfully identified.

ADD NEW HORDE
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win