Author Topic: Account registration enabled  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Account registration enabled
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
With the announcement of classic RUNE (1.01/1.07 "merged" into 1.10) becoming powered by Steam in very near future, I thought it was about time I did something about the disabled account registration on this forum - in anticipation of potential new and returning players. Unfortunately using the integrated registration page of the forum results in more questionable accounts than desired, so I had to take a different approach.

As with the recently updated ADD NEW HORDE page, the new SUPPORT FORUM ACCOUNT REGISTRATION page relies on verification of humanity and RUNE fandom with a multiplayer map recognition test.

SUPPORT FORUM ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:41:12 AM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Zyroloth

Re: Account registration enabled
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
Had to refresh the map test a few times...jeez, forgot all those HoV maps' names!  ;D Still a fine solution, though.
Anyways, it's good to be back to RH, thumbs up for not letting runehordes.info down, Søren!

On a side note:
Couldn't find the section where to report hordes, so I'll just include that into this post:

http://runehordes.info/horde.php?hID=420

This is a WoW clan. Haven't seen any of those guys in Rune. except for the leader, he played Rune like 2 or 3 years ago. I've been thankful for any clan, no matter size or reputation, who is still playing and updating their RH-info and thus supporting the system. But hell is this? WoW?! NO THANKS!  :o

They started out as a multigaming clan or something, adding members from any game to their RH- clan info (they did have a few Rune players). But now it's just a mess full of non-runers, get them out!  8)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Re: Account registration enabled
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »
Had to refresh the map test a few times...jeez, forgot all those HoV maps' names!  ;D Still a fine solution, though.
Anyways, it's good to be back to RH, thumbs up for not letting runehordes.info down, Søren! [...]

Hah, yeah... there are a few maps I've already forgotten the names of as well. It could have been much worse though as over twenty HoV release maps are stripped from the pool of maps, as I thought classic RUNE players should at least have a chance to end up with three pre-HoV maps :D.

[...] On a side note:
Couldn't find the section where to report hordes, so I'll just include that into this post:

http://runehordes.info/horde.php?hID=420

This is a WoW clan. Haven't seen any of those guys in Rune. except for the leader, he played Rune like 2 or 3 years ago. I've been thankful for any clan, no matter size or reputation, who is still playing and updating their RH-info and thus supporting the system. But hell is this? WoW?! NO THANKS!  :o

They started out as a multigaming clan or something, adding members from any game to their RH- clan info (they did have a few Rune players). But now it's just a mess full of non-runers, get them out!  8)

Hmm... I'll look into that, thanks.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win