Author Topic: Get RHI powered in-game news with v1.10  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: Not anymore
Get RHI powered in-game news with v1.10
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:26 PM »
At the moment Human Head Studios is not providing any in-game news, which is why you get a "server not responding" message if you wait long enough on the News server selection tab. By changing two lines in your Rune.ini file (located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Rune Classic\System\ by default), you can make the game show the news page provided to v1.08 clients (thanks to Lär for his elaboration on the official forum on how the game looks for news to display).

Find the following section:

Code: [Select]
[UBrowser.UBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerAddress=www.rune-world.com

And change it to:

Code: [Select]
[RBrowser.RBrowserUpdateServerLink]
UpdateServerAddress=www.runehordes.info

When Human Head Studios start providing in-game news you can just revert the change to start receiving official news instead of the news provided through RUNE HORDES dot INFO - although I'll most likely setup redirection to the official news (for the benefit of v1.08 clients as well).

While the subject only mention v1.10, I assume the same change will work for all versions of the game. Feel free to correct me or confirm my assumption, as I do not currently have access to a v1.02 or v1.07 installation (where the UpdateServerAddress variable should be set as www.runegame.com instead of www.rune-world.com).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:38:06 PM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win