Author Topic: RHI Development and Maintenance - Summer 2012  (Read 30586 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
RHI Development and Maintenance - Summer 2012
« on: June 30, 2012, 04:33:28 PM »
Development

Inspired by the Steam-powered release of Rune Classic, I am well underway with a rewrite of the codebase making up the RUNE HORDES dot INFO site - for deployment soon™ (I do not have a deadline as such set for myself, but I'm aiming at no longer than a month from now).

Changes include, but are not limited to:
  • The ability to set a horde's nationality is being replaced with the horde's region (International, European, American).
  • The ability to recognize a horde's stance with regards to rune-usage and honorable fighting is added to the horde page.
  • More information about a horde's game server can be added (typical game type, map rotation, mods and mutators used).
  • An active horde is no longer omitted from the horde listing if they have no members marked as active.
Maintenance

Alongside this deployment, history from three years ago will repeat itself with another horde maintenance, where all hordes marked as being active will be inactivated. It is my hope that the truly active hordes in the game will reactivate their horde entry or add their horde to the listing if they are not yet part of the RHI project, to allow for a more accurate representation of the hordes one may stumble into on the servers!

Announcements will go out to the main site and this support forum, the in-game news provided by RHI, the game's official forum and likely also the game's official Facebook page in an attempt to reach as many hordes as efficiently as possible when the maintenance has been done.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:39:02 PM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
Re: RHI Development and Maintenance - Summer 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
Ahem... so this got put on the back burner -- for many reasons including but not limited to Steam's Summer Sale, a self-build computer project and a history-repeating-itself diminshed interest in primarily playing the game, which ties in with the development of the RHI and knowledge of the amount of work in rewriting the codebase. Oh, and Minecraft.

In the big picture, this means nothing really as the site works fine enough as is -- although a small handful suspicious "advertisement" hordes have snuck their way past the "do you know RUNE?" registration test. Hmm.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:01:15 AM by Søren Bjerg »
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
Re: RHI Development and Maintenance - Summer 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Grrrrr... looks like the spamsites have broken through the site's "humanity and RUNE fandom verification" gate somehow. Either through pure luck, bruteforcing or maybe they even play the game *gasp!*.

Anyhow, horde registration has been temporarily disabled again as a result.

*sigh*

spin2win