Poll

So which is it?

Retail
4 (100%)
Warez
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Have you shown Human Head monetary support?  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Have you shown Human Head monetary support?
« on: October 24, 2004, 02:40:32 PM »
Not that piracy is in any way condoned on this site - and especially not when it comes to RUNE - but I was wondering what kind of copy of RUNE people here use; a retail-bought and legal copy... or an illegal warezed copy?

Personally, I started out by playing the demo... wanting to play the full version, so I got a friend of mine to aquire it through his contacts, but before he could get it for me, I found it in a local store and bought it on the spot. I later did get the warezed copy from the friend, but threw it in the garbagecan as I didn't have any use for it.

A little different with HoV, which - as the Europeans would agree with - wasn't easily available, if at all, in Europe... so I aquired myself a warezed copy of it... and with this I played for quite some time, because I couldn't find it anywhere - and especially because I didn't have a credit card at the time - but fortunately one day Kettil, old skool roon player, helped me get it from a store in Sweden.

Funny that, now I have got a legal version of it, I have stumbled across both the original RUNE game and the HoV expansion a couple of times in a national store.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Ba'alzamon

• Nae'blis
Re: Have you shown Human Head monetary support?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:56:15 PM »
It took a while for me to get Rune in the first place.. I mostly played it in an 'internetcafe', I spend most my time there playing rune. I kept searching for it though. After some time I noticed Rune was on a Twilight disc I already had for ages :o so I installed it and kept playing SP over and over, while still playing multiplayer in the internetcafe (coz I didn't have a good connection myself, neither did I have HoV). Then, almost a miracle, I found someone selling rune+Hov, original and sealed, on a site like eBay. Well there wasn't any doubt about it, I hád to get it! So that's how it went... might not have been a legal purchase, but someone did pay money for it in the first place, so it's still some sort of support ;)

Apoc

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 09:18:05 PM »
*whistles innocently*  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 09:34:49 PM »
Tsk tsk tsk... that's no good, you know... :trophy:.
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Nømad

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 11:28:42 PM »
I'm gonna have to register here soon...

I'm gonna have to follow Apoc's example and whistle innocently  ::)

Offline KRONOS

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:36:03 PM »
Good question. Now I could tell you a story with sex, booze and violence... But instead I think I'll come clean:
Rune 1.00 retail, HoV *coughed*.  :-\\

In my defence I'm a bit dumb in the head and couldn't find anywhere to get it.

Offline hilt

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 08:44:21 PM »
I bought the Gold Edition, HoV and 1.00 in one 8)

Offline Nømad

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 11:58:04 PM »
Ehm. If anyone who might have been involved in the making of rune happens to swing by; I bought 36 copies and put in another 1000£ to the Human Head retirement fund (And if that one doesn't exist, then choose one that does). If they don't; Yes, that's right, I'm a sleezy pirate. Yarr. Downloaded it from somewhere I don't remember anymore.