4 (33.3%)
RUNE 1.0X International
1 (8.3%)
RUNE HoV English
6 (50%)
RUNE HoV International
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Which RUNE version do you play with?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
  • I play: HoV
Which RUNE version do you play with?
« on: October 24, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
With the German version of HoV being as bug ridden as it is, it could be "fun" to find out just how wide-spread it is... or how few people have a proper version of the game (my guess is most people - unfortunately - use an International version... like German).

I included the classic RUNE 1.0X (where X is 0, 1, 2, 4, 6 or 7) versions just in case people either don't play HoV or also have the classic version - doubt the International versions of that one is bug ridden like in HoV.

I've fortunately got the English versions of both RUNE 1.0X and RUNE HoV, myself!
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline Ba'alzamon

• Nae'blis
Re: Which RUNE version do you play with?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:57:06 PM »
I friggin' hate those international version >:(

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:11:24 AM »
Both 1.00 and HOV english.  :D

Nømad

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:57:30 PM »
First of all, I'm too lazy to get an account since I'll probably forget about this place as soon as I exit the window, but I've got both 1.0 and hov, both english, though I don't play hov anymore.

Offline NightHawk`

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:45:15 PM »
With the German version of HoV being as bug ridden as it is, it could be "fun" to find out just how wide-spread it is... or how few people have a proper version of the game (my guess is most people - unfortunately - use an International version... like German).

Well I'm working on a 1.08 client with a few people, I don't have a German Rune though. I know of the HOV model problems but that's all actually. If anyone knows, or is willing to create, a list of all German HOV bugs then it would be greatly appreciated :).

http://rune.wgw-portal.nl // "Official" Rune HOV 1.08 Client Site

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 02:49:09 PM »

Well I'm working on a 1.08 client with a few people, I don't have a German Rune though. I know of the HOV model problems but that's all actually. If anyone knows, or is willing to create, a list of all German HOV bugs then it would be greatly appreciated :).

http://rune.wgw-portal.nl // "Official" Rune HOV 1.08 Client Site

Yeah, I've seen that project. Hope it's going to be something verified by and released through the Human Head Studios.

As for German HoV bugs... well, how many years do you have - or how imaginative an imagination do you have? :-X
The RUNE of today... is like attending the Special Olympics of trampoline jumping.

spin2win

Offline NightHawk`

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »
HumanHead stopped developing Rune. That's why they released the source code a few months ago. Plus that's also the reason why we've started this project :).

Lol, if the list is that long, nvm. I'll just fix the HOV model bug :p

Offline Søren Bjerg

• • Administrator
    • RHI Developer
  • Ragnartal1ty
    • RUNE HORDES dot INFO
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 04:58:11 PM »
HumanHead stopped developing Rune. [...]
No, really?! ::)

What I said in the earlier post does not go against this well known fact. What I was trying to say was, that I wouldn't blindly trust something some random third party group (no offense intended, but that's how I see this "What gamers Want" group) puts together and releases in an .exe file as a replacement client, if it hadn't been looked over by a Human Head developer and sanctioned as being "clean", as well as distributed through trustworthy channels.

Call me paranoid, but that's how I feel... and I know there's loads of people out there, who couldn't care less.

[...] That's why they released the source code a few months ago. [...]
They released the C++ source code headers, yeah.

spin2win